Thursday, May 24, 2007

Vacation!

This has been a quiet week. We've pretty much stayed at home, except for a day trip yesterday to Fredericksburg, a little German-themed tourist town in the hill country. There are loads of quaint little shops and restaurants there and we walked all over the downtown area. I'm paying for it today. My fibro was so bad that my physical therapist told me just to go home and rest. My glands at the base of my jaw are swollen up and are as hard as rocks.

I looked at different websites for Frederickburg to see what all types of lodgings were available, in case we wanted to spend the night. The only places listed on the websites were B&Bs and expensive resorts. Of course, when we get into town, we see a Super 8 motel and several other decent-looking inexpensive motels. I should have known better. A touristy-type place like that surely would have all types of lodgings, not just the expensive ones. We took our camera but didn't take any pictures, for some reason.

As far as souvenirs, I bought a t-shirt, a fridge magnet and a stuffed jackalope. I bought two hex signs from an Amish furniture dealer to hang on the doors of the shed. I also got some peanut butter fudge from a shop called Rustler Bob's and it is GOOD. When is fudge not good?

2 comments:

HOLMES said...

Fudge is not good when it is packed in someone's ass.

At least that is what I hear.

SCHOOL IS OUT.

cathead9 said...

Errrr....I wouldn't know about that kind of fudge.


YAY! SCHOOL IS OUT FOR SUMMER!!!