Sunday, May 13, 2007

Here it comes........

Just one more week until vacation. I hope we get the truck back from the shop by then, so we can actually DO something. The rental car we have (a 2007 Toyota Corolla) is pretty nice, though. It drives and handles remarkably well, enough that we're mooting getting rid of my Mom's old Cougar and getting one after the truck is paid off.

I work half days most of this week. My desk is piled high with crap that apparently only I can imagine how to do, so I'm not looking forward to coming back after vacation. If they think I'm going to be checking my work email and doing stuff while I'm at home, they are sadly mistaken. They don't pay me enough for that. I check it during the days I get off early since I'm supposed to be working anyway, but not on vacation.

I start physical therapy this week too. The chiropractor was stressing me out too much, to the point that I had a panic attack on Thursday. So, my regular doc suggested physical therapy instead of letting this woman (who does not have a medical degree) tell me that I need a CT scan on my chest and I need to see an endocrinologist for thyroid problems, which she diagnosed with no blood work. My regular doc does blood work on me several times every year and my thyroid numbers are always normal. It's gotten to the point where my blood pressure goes way up whenever I go to her office. It's always on the low side when my regular doc checks it.

Mother's Day is not good here, but Adrian and I went out for lunch and tried to enjoy ourselves. The panic attack on Thursday was partly because I remembered Mother's Day was today. It's just too hard to remember that I can't see her or talk to her anymore.

No comments: