Sunday, May 27, 2007

Chipmunk Cheeks



I thought at one point that maybe my diagnosis of having Sjogren's Syndrome was a mistake. I didn't have any of the symptoms; my eyes weren't dry and I still had plenty of saliva. Slowly, over the last year, my skin and hair has started drying out when they had been extremely oily before, and I had to stop wearing my contact lenses because my eyes had dried to the point where the lenses wouldn't stick to my eyes anymore. The joint pain and fatigue has gotten much worse.

This past three days, my submandibular (under the jaw) and parotid (in front of the ears) glands are swollen hard and huge, like I have the mumps. Whenever I try to chew, my jaw rubs against them and irritates them, making them bigger and more painful. My face is completely huge and round and my facial features swim in the middle like raisins in a vast bowl of pudding. Very attractive.....

I've been taking Tylenol for the pain. It'll be so much fun going back to work on Tuesday....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

girl- try to relax over Memorial Day. we are going to galveston for a few days. so excited to get away. are you headed this way anytiime soon?

cathead9 said...

Nope. Our truck is still in the shop. Have fun in Galveston!