Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I'm here to stay

I think I will keep this blog as my only one for now. My other one has gotten boring and too competitive. Everyone writes as if there's a contest to see who can write the most politically correct piece of crap. This blog will be my journal. I write like I talk; not grammatically correct and I don't CARE. Yes, I have an English degree, but it's in Linguistics, not Grammar. I can tell you about the etymology of a certain word, but I couldn't give a flying fuck about whether to use "who or whom".
I've finally figured the secret of sleeping well in this new house. It's the ceiling fan. I usually don't like the fan on when I sleep because it dries me out too much, but I've been waking 4 and 5 times a night, most of the time bathed in sweat. We keep the temp at 75, so I was convinced that I was finally beginning menopause, but leaving the fan on at night has cured me of my difficulties. I slept very well last night and the pain was considerably less today.
Adrian won a contest at Groovy Automotive. We signed up a couple of weeks ago when we took the Cougar in to get fixed. He won a couple of very nice car coffee cups, fancy ones. I picked them up on the way home. I brought a co-worker home at lunch today to see the house. She's extremely allergic to cats, so naturally Dinsy, who usually hides when strangers come in, was following her around, rubbing against her legs and meowing. Being her usual, adorable furry self. "No, kitty, go away.....please?" I finally had to pick Dinsy up to keep her from tormenting my co-worker.

No comments: