Friday, October 27, 2006

I like being old.....so fuck you!

Today was a beautiful day. The temp stayed in the 70s, the sun shone, not a cloud in the sky. Work was slow, so I got a lot done. It's a bit too windy, or we'd be sitting outside burning sticks in the chiminea.....
Tomorrow, we'll go vote early for Kinky Friedman. He doesn't have much chance of winning, but I like the feeling of being able to vote FOR someone instead of against someone for once. Yes, I honestly believe that he would do some good for the state of Texas, and I don't think that his lack of experience in the political arena will do him harm. The Governor surrounds himself or herself with people who actually do the work.
All those snotty college students who consider Kinky to be a joke need to find a sense of humor. It helps make life easier when you can laugh at yourself and life. When I was 20 years old, I thought everything was a matter of life and death, and that sort of attitude will make you old before your time and a terrible bore to boot. I read all these posts from young people (especially on LiveJournal) and it's all about what they can't eat because it has chemicals or bad karma, or what they can't wear because it once had a face and roamed a pasture. And goddess forbid, if you happen to disagree with them, they'll rip you a new asshole. I mean, if that's what floats your boat, then whatever, but what a sad existence, to worry about every little thing. If it bothers you that much, DO something about it, don't just bitch about it.
I'm so glad to be 41. I wouldn't go back to my 20s for all the money in the world.

6 comments:

HOLMES said...

I have never understood those radical vegetarians. They probably stomp on ants and keep mousetraps in their homes, but won't eat a cow. Makes no sense to me.

I like being at the top of the food chain.

Jimmy Holcomb (Treblephone) said...

It only starts to suck when you reach 43. :)

cathead9 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cathead9 said...

I dunno, Jimmuh, things are pretty good for me. I wanna hope that things will stay good, but life has taught me otherwise. We can hope, can't we?

cathead9 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cathead9 said...

You remember how it was: you're 19 years old, in college and you're far more well-informed than anybody else in the universe about everything, so you have to lord it over people who feel differently than you.
At least I did, but I didn't start college until I was 24 after working for a few years, and had that self-righteous bullshit beaten out of me already.....LOL