Monday, February 26, 2007

In Dreams......

I've posted before of some strange dreams I've had:

Tea & Symbolism
Music-related dream

Those were just dreams that were so weird that I actually remembered them the following morning. For the last two nights, I've had a recurring dream. It's starts like this:

A friend of mine has invited me to go through this dead person's apartment and take whatever I want. The apartment has abnormally high ceilings and everything is bathed in the hazy, yellowish light you see when sunlight is filtered through cigarette smoke and sheer curtains. The apartment looks as if it hasn't been redecorated since the early 70s. The dead person (who I don't know) has some great stuff: art pottery, expensive perfumes, beautiful jewelry, rugs and quilts. I make a sizeable pile in the living room floor and start going through the closets, feeling a bit guilty, a bit like a vulture. You can't take it with you, so I might as well enjoy it....

My friend comes in and tells me that we have to leave immediately if we're going to get to the restaurant in time. Said restaurant is a little European bistro-type place in a mews with similar charming shops around it. Why do we need to get there so fast? Because an accordion player, billed as "Happiness On Two Feet", will be playing there this evening. We arrive at the bistro only to find that it's closed that day, and for some reason I can't go back to the dead person's apartment to get the schwag I picked out.

Sucks to be me, eh? Not with dreams like that! The only other recurring dream I can remember is when I was a teenager, I had several dreams about a tumbleweed with large blue eyes and long, bushy eyelashes that followed me around. Whenever I would try to send it away, the tumbleweed would cry huge salty tears and I'd feel sorry for it, so I'd let it stick around.

Anybody want to venture a guess about all this weirdness?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey- we bought a house yesterday...i'll e-mail you some pics.