Sunday, January 07, 2007

Projects

We have a composting bin that came with the house. I have no idea how to use it. We recently put out about 12 thirty gallon bags of leaves for the garbage men to take away, so maybe I should do some reading up on how to compost. It would probably benefit the bare patches in the back yard......
Also, we need to get a bat house. Bats eat huge amounts of flying insects, so we'd be able to sit outside without being plagued by mosquitoes. We bought a little plastic birdhouse today to provide entertainment for the cat. I'd also like to get a nice birdbath for the flower patch right outside the back door. We've already got some nice strings of lights to put up in the trees. We also want to get some rolls of reed fencing to give us some privacy from the house directly behind us. It's empty now, but it probably won't be for much longer.....
My primary care doctor wants me to see a psychiatrist in order to get back on meds for depression. I've called all the one on my insurance company list and they're either not accepting new patients, can't see me until March or just won't return my calls. I've got to do something about it soon, because the pain is depressing me further, as is just not sleeping well. I've been almost panicky about it at times. I feel like I want to crawl into bed and sleep for a week, but I can't do that. I have to work. I can't put my job at risk.

4 comments:

HOLMES said...

I want you to get a bathouse. I can make a welcome mat for it.

I keep wanting to see the bat bridge every time we're down there and I forget to do it.

Are you feeling any better??

HOLMES said...

I have got to get rid of James Brown as my profile pic.

cathead9 said...

We've been here 3 years and still not seen the bat bridge.....
poor old Godfather of Soul. Not a good hair day for him, was it?
Dr. is supposed to call me today, so I'll talk to her about what I need to do....besides run down the street screaming, of course.

adrian of austin said...

That composting bin we have is full of junk that refuses to compost.