Sunday, December 10, 2006

Cheap Date

That's me. A new liquor/fine foods store opened up in the hood yesterday, so I went by to check it out. They had sampling stations all over the store and by the time I got to check out, i was seriously wondering if I would be able to drive home. The store is called Spec's and they have loads of them all over Houston, apparently. You get a small discount when you pay with cash or debit card. The booze is so cheap, I actually bought a bottle of Tito's Handmade Vodka, thinking I'd like to come home from a hard day at work to a nice, chilled vodka tonic. I also spent over $40 on cheeses, coffee and crackers and such. Spec's is now my favorite store.
When I got home I tried out the vodka tonic. It promptly gave me a rather pleasant case of the bedspins and then put me to sleep, like booze always does. I didn't inherit the alcoholic gene that runs in part of my family, because one drink makes me fall asleep and two drinks make me puke. So just call me a CHEAP DATE.

5 comments:

Jimmy Holcomb (Treblephone) said...

I, on the other hand, have raised my alcohol tolerance considerably this week. [Mostly on Friday.]

cathead9 said...

your capacity for liquor intake has always impressed me, Jimmuh.....

Unknown said...

that sounds like a blast. greg and i love to go to tastings and well....any thing that is free. :) i am a big fan of FAT TIRE...it's from a small brewery in Colorado. Greg likes Merlots. so funny b/c when we go out everyone tries to hand me the wine and him the beer. oh well. what kind of cheese did you get? Gouda??

cathead9 said...

I bought some nice runny Brie and some hard cheese that I can't remember the name of, but it's similar to Romano. Very tasty and cheap, cheap, cheap......

adrian of austin said...

Me and the Spec's rabbit are likethis.