Friday, June 16, 2006

Termination

We terminated our house contract today, because of the fucking slimy realtor. Not only wouldn't he fax back copies of option renewals unless I threatened to call the Board of Realtors on him, he babbled incessantly, not letting us get a word in edgewise and he also signed himself as our (the buyers) representative on the contract without telling us! I called the seller today to see if he got a copy of our option renewal amendment to sign and he told me that he had signed it and "your realtor" should have faxed it to me by now. I told him that this idiot wasn't MY realtor, he was HIS realtor. "Nope, look at your contract." So, I did, and the asshole had signed under our names as our realtor, when we had explicitly told him that we were representing ourselves. Lesson learned: get your own realtor....
So, after calling the realtor and letting him know exactly what I thought of him, I faxed over our termination of contract to him, the seller and the title company. Of course, i immediately got a phone call: "Now, Lisa, isn't this a bit"....click! I hung up on him. I listened to enough of his incoherent babbling for the past month.
Luckily for us, we've been looking at other houses with a reputable realtor and we'll be dealing with her from now on......
And the slimeball can look forward to a notice from the Texas Board of Realtors....

No comments: