Friday, January 02, 2009

Klutz

We went clothes shopping today, something I always dread. Predictably, I didn't find anything but I did marvel that most plus-size clothes seem to be in man-made fabrics. Is it not bad enough to be big and sweat a lot without being punished by wearing clothes that make the sweating worse? We also found some men's athletic shoes, which surely must be made for athletic clowns. I can't imagine a heterosexual male (or one who doesn't have a big red nose) wearing these:

We did have more luck at Home Depot, where we bought a 7 1/2 ft. tall, pre-lit Christmas tree that had been marked down from $250.00 to just $62.25. It didn't come with a box unfortunately, so at the moment it's lending a festive air to the garage.
We put the Honda in the shop today to get a new master cylinder:

When the call came from Groovy Automotive that the car was ready, I tried to go outside to tell Adrian, but I stepped out wrong and went down like a ton of bricks. I strained my left ankle and my right knee badly. I've had an ice pack on my ankle for the last hour and my foot is frozen. It doesn't hurt terribly, so I'm sure it's just a strain. Still, what a klutz I am......

2 comments:

HOLMES said...

I LOVE THOSE SHOES.

Congrats on the Christmas tree... great bargain. I've hunted for one with no luck.

I bought a pair of jeans this Tuesday after looking for.... are you ready for this.... A YEAR. I'm not going to spend $200 on jeans, which is what all the ones I like cost. I'm also not doing Mom jeans, or anything with an elastic waist, or with embroidery, or that looks like it's been Bedazzled.

The jeans I bought were $52 and I haven't worn them because I'm not sure I'm going to keep them. That is a lot of money.

I mailed your pillow today!!

cathead9 said...

Those shoes are only for 3 year olds.