Sunday, September 23, 2007

Well....OK, then.

I thought I was getting bored with my job, then on my 2 month anniversary last Friday, the controller (an important sounding position, isn't it? Makes it sound like we're all marionettes and she's in charge of the strings) called me into her office and told me that they were very pleased with my performance and were giving me a $2 an hour raise.

I was relocated to a new cubicle that day and I'm on a "team" now, along with a closer, a funder and an underwriter. I will work only on their files and I'll be responsible for QCing everything and ordering the wires. So, a challenge is in store for me.

I also FINALLY found a shrink who'll I'll be seeing regularly. My first appointment with her was that day too. I was so relieved to find someone to talk to after looking for literally 2 years now. All the shrinks in Austin either don't take my insurance or aren't accepting new patients. She gave me an "activity log" to keep track of for a week until I see her again. She says that many depressed patients don't reward themselves enough. I'm not sure what she means by "reward" though. We'll take that up next time.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey- this is awesome. 1. that you got a raise. 2. that you found a dr. - let me know how it goes.

Unknown said...

i didn't mean to say, "awesome." i meant, "great, groovy or dynamite."
:)

cathead9 said...

Ohhh, I KNOW you meant awesome! ;-)

Jimmy Holcomb (Treblephone) said...

Maybe they were smart enough to figure out you were getting bored!
Anyway, good on the raise!