Saturday, September 15, 2007

Now I'm a Farmer and I'm Diggin', Diggin', Diggin'!

The flowers have been blooming and it would be great if I could go out in the back yard without losing half my blood volume in the first 5 minutes to the mosquitos. It's hard to garden (Carmen?) when you're woozy.



The cannas are so tall, I had to get a step ladder to take this photo. I have yellow cannas and orange ones.


The caladiums (caladia?) showed up this year. They weren't there last year. MAGIC GARDEN!!


There's also a small plant all by itself with a pretty little pink flower....I call it Harold.


Then there's this grassy type bush with tiny purple flowers in it......dunno what it is either, but it's nice.


I've also got a kitchen garden going in containers. I've got Sweet Basil. Thai Basil, Peppermint, Rosemary and Flowering Lavender. The plant at the back is an ivy I got from a co-worker last year as a birthday prezzie. I haven't killed it all year!! I've also started a coleus in a pot in my kitchen window from seeds, and it's so gratifying to see the little sprouts push up through the soil.

Whatever farmer's genes I've inherited through 300 years of farmer ancestry seem to be working now. I can actually grow stuff now. I'll be glad when it cools off so the flying vampires die and I can spend more time outside.

3 comments:

HOLMES said...

Damn, your yard is amazing.

Unknown said...

you are hillarious. any word from whole foods?

cathead9 said...

not a peep....mayeb they can tell I'm not a vegan?