Saturday, August 04, 2007

A Good Kind of Tired

My new job is still going very well. I've worked quite a bit of overtime so far, including 4 extra hours this morning (Saturday). My next paycheck should look very nice indeed. Since I'm not on the phone a lot (not at all really), I might treat myself to an i-Pod next paycheck. I've noticed that a lot of my co-workers either use them or play CDs at the desks. I don't want to bother with carting a bunch of CDs around, so a Shuffle would be good.

My last job has stiffed me on 5 days of vacation pay I was owed when I left. I was owed a total of 8 days total, but I got a check for only 3 days. I've emailed my boss about it (he said he was unaware of the situation), and if he can't fix it, I'll be going through other channels.

My friends Phillip and Shelly came down last weekend and we had a great time hanging out. We went to the County Line BBQ place and fed the turtles, visited a vegan bakery:



We also had lunch with our pal John, plus Adrian's sister and her husband had come down the same weekend, so we all had a nice visit. A very enjoyable weekend.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love austin.

HOLMES said...

I had the best time! I miss you...