Saturday, July 21, 2007

My New Job

They all seem to like me. A lot. Actually that's an understatement and I'm not bragging; my supervisor told me and several other people she introduced me to that she had been "fighting the urge to jump up and down and scream YIPPEE!". Well.....OK. They all seem very nice and went out of their way to make me feel welcome. I thought they might pee on the carpet when I told them that I had shipped only 3 files my first day there, but once I got settled in, I could probably do much more, seeing as though I don't have to do data entry, scan files, send docs out to county clerks for recording and send recorded docs back to the lenders, load copiers and fax machines with papers and fix them if they jammed, call copier companies to come out and fix the copiers that are broken, deliver faxes and all the other piddly shit I had been stuck doing at my previous job. All I have to do here is stack files and ship them; plus, I get to wear jeans everyday. I feel positively spoiled!

Actually, I'm sure the only reason they're so glad I'm there is that they've been pleading for someone to help with shipping for over a year and they've been working 6 and 7 day weeks all that time. Plus, I have experience, so they didn't have to cold-train me. I pretty much walked in and could do the job. They wouldn't even let me work the first Saturday (today). I told my supervisor I had friends coming next weekend and that I would prefer to work this weekend instead of next, if possible; my supervisor told me I didn't have to work that weekend either if I didn't want to. I'm an hourly employee here, so if I work through my lunch times, I'll get paid for a little extra OT. Time and a half, baby!

I said in my previous post that I felt like maybe I'd had to settle for this job instead of one that I really wanted. I think this one will be just great, actually.....if the other shoe doesn't drop. I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

HOLMES said...

This is great! And I'm glad you get to wear jeans every day. Of course they love you. Imagine the Christmas gifts you'll get!

Can't wait to see you. I have a present for you.

SH

Unknown said...

GREAT!!

Jimmy Holcomb (Treblephone) said...

Sounds like it's getting off on a good foot. Great!

[Get on the good foot! HUAGGH! :)]

adrian of austin said...

Does your trip everyday take you past stores which offer pie?

-Bear.

HOLMES said...

I'm in mah offiz, readin' ur postcardz.