Monday, June 11, 2007

Frat Boys and their Dawgs

We had a run-in with a couple of the finer examples of the University of Texas' fraternity culture last Saturday night. My brother-in-law is very protective of his yard; he's worked hard to keep it looking nice. He'd have no qualms about taking a baseball bat (or worse) to anyone's head who decided to mess it up.

We went to my in-laws' house to visit them, right about the time when said frat boys decided it was a good idea to walk up into my in-laws' yard and allow their pony-sized dog to take a dump. In Austin, walking into someone's yard without their permission is called trespassing and carries a $500 fine. Now, it's one thing to let doggie do it's bidness in the strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street and then pick it up in a bag and dispose of it; that's what most of Austin's responsible dog owners do. It's entirely another concept to walk your horse, errrr, dog practically onto someone's front porch and leave a steaming pile of crap.

I informed these flowers of young Texas manhood that my bro-in-law would shoot them AND their dog if he saw them in the yard so they needed to vamoose. They didn't respond, so I yelled, "GIT THAT DAWG OUTTA THUH YARD! WHAT ARE YA, DEAF?" or mannerly words to that effect, telling them so for their own safety, of course. One of them muttered, "we're going" and they skulked on up the street in the dark (it was after 10pm) right as my bro-in law came out saying, "what's going on?". We went inside for a visit and stayed for about an hour.

When we came out to our truck, there was a lovely smelling bag of dog shit on the hood of the truck, and more dog shit was smeared on the passenger side door handle. Just great. But see.....I remember what they looked like and what their dog looked like. So does my brother-in-law. I hope they have bullet-proof vests......

2 comments:

Jimmy Holcomb (Treblephone) said...

I hope he kills the obnoxious pricks. Or, at least, maims them for life.

HOLMES said...

I mean, REALLY! What the fuck is with people!

I have developed a real intolerance for irresponsible pet owners. I am starting to hate dogs because of their owners. The relentless and profound shitting everywhere is one thing, but then you figure in the barking and the pissing everywhere and the jumping all over the place... Lord.

People are so fucking stupid!!