Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Creepiness ensues.....

I went to the eye doctor today for the first time in 3 years. I wore hard gas permeable contact lenses for more than 20 years, but about 2 years ago, my eyes started drying out and the lenses wouldn't stick to my eyes anymore. So...I went back to the hated coke bottle glasses, the bane of my childhood, always having to push them up on the bridge of my nose.

The good news is I get to wear soft lenses now. My astigmatism isn't so bad anymore. I have to go back and get fitted for them.

The bad news? Apparently, I sleep with my eyes open, so I either need to put this thick, viscous ointment in my eyes at night before I go to bed OR I can......


tape my eyelids shut.


Yes, you read that right, he said I should TAPE MY EYELIDS SHUT. Now, it's creepy enough that I sleepwalk on occasion, but I sleep with my eyes open too and I need to TAPE MY EYES SHUT?? That's fucked up! No wonder I can't sleep at night, I'm too busy scaring myself!

2 comments:

HOLMES said...

I'll bet black electrical tape would look super cool.

Seriously, who tells people to tape their eyes shut? That's like telling them to staple their asshole closed if they have the runs.

cathead9 said...

he showed me the tape and told me where to get it. He even demonstrated how ro do it! I'm sorry, that's just fucked up....I've been using the vaseline-like stuff at night and I can't tell any difference. It's gone when I wake up in the morning.