Saturday, May 31, 2008

Schwag

May 20th was our 14th wedding anniversary. We had a quiet evening, but enjoyable nonetheless. My husband gifted me with an iPod Nano, and I have enjoyed it tremendously. I did have a Shuffle, but you can watch video on the Nano. Oddly enough, I mainly listen to podcasts and audiobooks. Here are some of my favorites:

Podcasts
Answer Me This (two Brits answer strange questions from their listeners)
Rhod Gilbert (very funny Welsh DJ from BBC Radio 4)
Ricky Gervais (from The Office, of course)
Hall of Mirrors (horror fiction from the British Stephen King - fantastic writing!
Car Talk - NPR's Click & Clack, The Tappit Brothers - funny car show

Audiobooks
Librivox - books in the public domain, mainly classics. Loads of great stuff!
Learn Out Loud - free educational stuff - language lessons, classes about everything under the sun.

Listening to podcasts, music and audiobooks makes the work day go by faster, especially when your job is repetitive and somewhat boring. Not that I'm complaining....it's so much better than what I had.

I got my hubby the Mac OSX operation system for our Apple computer. He had some probs with it initially, but I think he fixed them because it runs great, as usual.

We also received our Republican Guilt Money(tm) that week ("Sorry we completely screwed up the US for the last 8 years, here's $1200"). We probably should have saved more, but instead we did our part to lift up the depressed economy with our purchases of an elliptical machine (which I work out on everyday) and a garbage disposal. I broke our old disposal by dropping a cereal bowl in the sink and then turning the disposal on when there were still pits of crockery lodged in it. I'll try my hardest not to break this one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dandy (that word replaced "awesome")...i don't think i've ever been on an elliptical machine! i love that you called it "guilt money"...that was great.