Friday, May 16, 2008

Montezuma's Revenge

My last post turned out to be prophetic in a small way. Last Sunday, I grocery shopped at Whole Foods and bought loads of wonderful things. Monday evening after dinner, I had a peanut butter rice krispy treat (organic, from Whole Foods) for dessert, and I was up all night vomiting, among other things. I stayed home from work on Tuesday and Wednesday, sick as a dog. Thursday morning, I felt a tiny bit better so I went on to work. By lunchtime, I was weak and dizzy, not to mention having a ferocious case of the trots. My GP had prescribed some Phenergan suppositories (oh, what fun; there's nothing I like better than putting things up my butt) to deal with the nausea, but the sluices were still open full blast at the other end *wink, wink*.
So, I went to the ER. The doc diagnosed gastroenteritis and I was made to drink some nasty, sickeningly sweet drink that was supposed to "replenish my electrolytes", whatever those were. All it seemed to do was fill me up with more stuff that made noise. At least I didn't get stuck with a needle....

It's now Friday, and I did go back to work today, but spent all afternoon running back and forth to the ladies room and hoping my co-workers weren't noticing the gawd awful rumbling from my guts. It sounds like there's a tiger in my trousers, and not the good kind. I thought Whole Foods was supposed to be GOOD for you?

On a much nicer note, I bought Adrian the new Mac OSX operating system for our anniversary. He bought me an iPod Nano, which can play video and has much more room for stuff than my Shuffle. Our 14th anniversary is next Tuesday, so we jumped the gun a bit, but oh well. We both can't wait when it comes to our toys.

3 comments:

HOLMES said...

OMG, is there ANYTHING worse than vomiting.... Lord! Do you think it was the RK treat that did it???

When Phillip was sick a month ago he got Phenergan suppositories too!!

Glad you are feeling better.

Unknown said...

Let's hear it for Phenergan Suppositories!!! YEAH!!

Anonymous said...

Pedialyte?

Ack. Food poisoning sucks. [Well, blows would probably be more approptriate.]

[You knew I'd HAVE to comment on this one, didn't you? :)]