Friday, March 23, 2007

5 Years On......

I lost my mom 5 years ago yesterday. Time does heal, but the pain of not having her to lean on or talk to never goes away. I miss hugging her. She was a large woman and soft all over, and hugging her made me know that everything would be OK and tomorrow was another day.
I miss talking to her, because she had a hard life, thanks to her parents and my father. Mom was never bitter about her life or how it turned out. She always knew what to tell me and how to best deal with a situation.
Last night before I went to sleep, I asked her to give me some sort of sign that she wasn't hurting anymore and was OK. I had a wonderful dream about her, my grandmother and my great-grandmother (both of whom I also miss).
I still have her with me and that gives me great comfort. I can't imagine having to go to a graveyard to visit with her. She never wanted that. She wanted me to take her with me wherever I went and that's exactly what I will do.

4 comments:

Jimmy Holcomb (Treblephone) said...

I'm sorry, Lisa.

Yes, you do have her with you, every day. Because when love for someone is kept in your heart.....they're never gone.

Unknown said...

thinking about you, girl! woody has been gone for 7 years and it still hurts.

HOLMES said...

I remember when I worked at the Greenville Hospital and ran into your mom in the cafeteria sometimes. Such a nice lady. You look so much like her.

I cannot believe it has been 5 years. Wow.

I love you!
shelly

Unknown said...

abby would vote bush out....
good words. i have been trying to take some of her statements and talk about them while we are doing things other than school. i think i need to figure out what "key" things to listen for and zero in on. talk to you later. has your week been ok?