Thursday, August 03, 2006

Once again.....

Great.....this house has a $10k plumbing leak too. The seller is considering making the necessary repairs, but we won't know for sure until tomorrow morning. The seller is now wanting to terminate and look for bids to do the repairs and we're trying to convince him to just extend our option instead while he's looking for someone to do the repairs. He may want to put the house back on the market at a higher price, since he's not making much profit, especially if he's paying for this.
I feel bad for the guy, I really do. I remember going through all this when I was trying to sell Mom's house. Some buyers wanted everything; I remember one lady wanted me to pay for a new bathtub because she didn't like Mom's jacuzzi tub. Another wanted new carpeting because the color didn't suit her. I refused both of those, of course. I did end up getting stuck for a new roof, only because the realtor I was using was selling the house to a friend of hers and told her that the roof was old (it wasn't) and she told me that the house wouldn't sell at all unless I did replace it. I went to that closing sobbing, knowing that I was getting completely screwed out of the house that my mother had loved so much. My grandfather had built it, I had installed and stained all the cabinetry myself. This realtor has known that I was grieving for my mother who had died only months before and had completely taken advantage of me because it had taken longer to sell than she thought. So she unloaded it at a deep discount to a pal of hers and I was left with not even enough money to pay off the remainder of my college loan.

No comments: