Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tea & Symbolism

I always have vivid and entertaining dreams, but I rarely remember them. These were so strange they stuck in my brain for days:

1. My co-worker is either getting married or renewing her vows in a stereotypical haunted house. After the ceremony is over, she leads me and her other bridesmaids up the creaky, cobwebby stairs to a bar on the second floor, where a guy named James is going to call and give us a quiz over the telephone. She then hands each of us tiny china saucers rimmed in gold.....the phone rang and woke me up at that point.

2. My grandfather and I are cleaning his pickup truck in a large light blue painted barn. We are discussing Mexican music and it's ancestry of German band music. Cyndi Lauper is standing in the back of the pickup, dressed in full 1980s regalia, with a rope tied around her waist. For some reason, my grandfather will yank on the rope periodically and Cyndi will fly up and bump her head on the ceiling of the barn, screeching "Owwww! My head!"......I have nothing against Cyndi Lauper, BTW. I like her music just fine......

2 comments:

HOLMES said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cathead9 said...

yes, it is......wouldn't have it any other way.