Thursday, June 18, 2009

Not a Girly-Girl

I've never been accused of being feminine. I don't get manicures or pedicures, I don't wear dresses or shorts unless forced, I take only the minimal amount of time to out on makeup, and that's only during the week. When I'm not working, I don't wear makeup.
I used to paint my grandmother's nails and give her manicures, but I'm absolutely terrible at treating myself to such luxuries. When I try to paint my own nails, it looks sloppy and awful.
I hate clothes shopping with a burning passion. I'd rather do yard work than go clothes shopping. I'd rather eat liver than go clothes shopping. I wear jeans and t-shirts exclusively, which is boring but comfortable.
Maybe my poor sense of self-esteem is to blame? You can see by my headline picture that I love glamor, but I cannot see myself in that way. I'd like to, to a certain extent. I'm certainly not going to out forth the effort that most women do, but I would like to change my appearance. I'm not happy with this one.

1 comment:

Krishna said...

next time you come to Dallas, we can go get mani pedis, I swear, I am not a girly girl either but you will LOVE a pedi!