Saturday, March 14, 2009

Not Good

I got an epidural injection in my neck from my new pain doc 2 weeks ago. Unlike my previous injections from my old doc, this one hurt. It still hurts. I have a hump on the back of my neck that swelled like a toad for 3 days, and I've had more pain these last 2 weeks than previously. I'm supposed to get a lower back injection on April 6th, but I'm going to have to think about it. It's hard enough to function with this level of pain and I don't need it getting worse.

I also have jury duty this month for the first time ever. I was called several times when I was in college, but students don't have to go. I don't have that luxury anymore, so I guess I'll find out what it's like. I've heard that it doesn't work anymore to proclaim that you're for the death penalty for parking offenses, so I hope I don't get chosen.

1 comment:

HOLMES said...

Since I just went through the whole jury duty thing.... and I made it to the final jury as the alternate, I can tell you that when the attorneys are asking pointed questions during the selection process, just tell them you cannot be objective. That seemed to work for lots of people in my group of 50 that didn't end up getting chosen.