Monday, June 30, 2008

My Job

My cousin has asked twice now how my new job is going, so I guess I'd better say. It's going fine. I can wear jeans and t-shirts, shorts and flip flops; how many office jobs have a great dress code like that? My boss is kind and I get to listen to my iPod all day when I'm not answering the phone. The Tower is air conditioned, which is nice after a long, sweaty walk across campus from the bus stop. I get to ride Cap Metro buses for free and we have 2 hour lunches at the slightest provocation. Several supervisors order in cookies, breakfast tacos or pastries whenever they feel like and we all get to share them. I got to drive to work and have lunch with my husband (who just got a long-awaited promotion) every day. The tax payers will give me a small raise every year. After I've been there two years, I'll get a "longevity pay" bonus. I get every bank holiday off and two weeks off at Yule.

What's not to like?

2 comments:

HOLMES said...

Damn! Your job sounds bitchin! I love that you are left alone to do your work. That is fantastic!!!

Also, congrats to Adrian on the promotion.

Miss you...

Unknown said...

hey-thanks for posting this. i was going to call you today and fill you in on all of the home town drama. if i don't get a chance to tomorrow- i'll e-mail you.love ya.