Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Update

I signed on as a temp worker at UT (UTemps) and begin an assignment in the Office of Accounting tomorrow morning. It's supposed to last until May 15th. I also have an interview (FINALLY!) with the Department of Chemistry for an Admin. Assistant position on Thursday morning. Hopefully, the temp thing will work out into a permanent position and all my troubles will be over (yeah, right).

My pal Misty and her family came to visit last Thursday night! It's been almost 20 years since I last saw her:

She brought her husband and her two youngest boys with her. The boys had fun playing in the yard and with my stuffed animals, our fellas sat out back and Misty and I caught up. I was so good to see her! I've missed her so much. They took us out to eat later that evening before they had to head back to Lampasas.

The day after was the 6th anniversary of my mother's death and my nerves made me sick as a dog. I was sick all day and didn't feel better until Saturday afternoon. I finally received my first unemployment payout on Saturday. They send out debit cards now and make you wait forever for them. We had started panicking about our money situation, then it finally showed up, a week later than TWC said it would. I also appealed a ruling by TWC that I shouldn't be paid for the last week in February, and that hearing was this morning. Luckily for me, my former employers realized their mistake with the date of my severance pay (the problem) and didn't fight me on it, so I should get an extra week of unemployment. They'll probably make me wait forever for that too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pic! i am so glad about the job possibility. i haven't blogged much - my RA has been pretty bad the past couple of weeks. i'll fill you in later in an email. Love Ya.

Unknown said...

how are you?